This was the first full week where all of my commitments are solidified and I can fully get into my routine. I pushed myself too hard on my Monday 10km run and rested for 2 days. The demands of the workout program are difficult physically on my legs in addition to running and playing intramurals. I need to be more strategic this week so that I don’t go 4 days without weight lifting. I don’t believe 4 days at the gym is sustainable throughout the semester if I want to play intramurals and stay in cardiovascular conditioning

This week’s tentative schedule:

Sunday – weight lifting

Monday – Run 5km

Tuesday – Weight lifting

Wednesday – Run 5km

Thursday – Ball hockey

Friday – Weight lifting

Saturday – Rest

I was able to complete the number of recommended reps and sets and felt strong during the workouts. Progressively increasing the weights will lead to strength gains and hopefully some added mass. I weighed in between 172.2-174.4 pounds. I would like to be hovering between 174-176 consistently near the end of the semester.

Ran 10km on Monday:

I was pleased with the amount of sleep I got this week and the consistency with bedtime. I forgot to track one night’s sleep but omitting that data I still averaged 8:50 minutes of sleep daily.