I have decided to return back to the Nike Run App after much debate with my trial attempt with Strava . I enjoy the interface of the Nike App more and it seems to work better when I stop at traffic lights. The delay between pausing my run is seamless. Another feature is the artificial intelligence voice that notifies me how my pace is. This is one of the most useful features that I was unable to access on Strava and caused me lots of grief.

Although many of my friends use Strava, I still have some friends on the Nike Run App to compete against in runs and daily or monthly challenges. I don’t have the stamina that I once did but smaller goals of completing one 5km run per week is achievable and great for my overall health. Additionally, it increases my steps for the day! This past month I have averaged over 8,000 steps a day which was my initial goal and amounts to ~5-6 km per day in walking. I went swimming this morning with friends at 730AM (too early for me) but forced myself out of bed and now I am pleased with my earlier efforts. Waking up early increases my productivity in the early morning and gives me motivation through the afternoon. In the evenings, I am satisfied with my body of work and can relax knowing that I accomplished something that day.

Featured Photo by Andrea Leopardi on Unsplash